Francois Crochet is located in the town of Bue, slightly south-west of Sancerre. A family owned domaine, very small at 10.5 hectares with a focus on Sauvignon Blanc, they have a classic pairing of terroirs in this region, with 70% planted on chalky limestone soils (known as Caillottes) and the remaining 30% planted on a clay-chalk combination (known as Terres Blanches).
The vines have a 25 year average age and the first vintage was in 2000. What makes Francois so unique is that he was one of the very first — and for a while, one of very few — winemakers of Sauvignon to see the developments over the other side of the world (New Zealand), as something that just might have some lessons for folks at home. So the young Francois packed himself off for a vintage in New Zealand. What he brought back helped him go some way in producing fresher and more technically sound (clean) wines. They didn’t lose their identity though, and remain very Sancerre, with its characteristic, herbal, honey, peach and chalky persona.
VIEW OUR CURRENT PORTFOLIO
Please note you will need a trade account to have access to the password.
"I am connected to the land, working with wonderful growers and people across the wine industry, seeking to make delicious wines that speak of a time and a...
2023 Tempranillo RoséCertified Organic “The Tempranillo Rosé represents the rosé that we want to make, rather than the rosé we have to make! Our single block...
Rare SakeHard to findEven in Japan PRE-SHIP OFFERARRIVING EARLY 2024 Offer Closes Wednesday 22nd NovemberFor expressions of interest please contact your Deja...
independent Australian importer
and wholesaler of fine wine, sake,
whisky and gin.
It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person or persons under the age of 18 | LIQP770017339